Responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and services, therefore, for the overall success of food safety compliance for the company.
Within food safety/quality programs and policies, the QC and Assurance Team Leader will assure compliance with state regulations, sanitary standard operating procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP, and other related, applicable food safety guidelines, standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all activities within the product realization process are carried out according to quality plans, cleaning and disinfection plans, HACCP plans and line control plans. Maintain necessary records. As a member of HACCP and GMP teams, audit and evaluate products and production lines, organize preventive and corrective actions.
- In order to ensure the traceability of raw material, half product and end product, work in compliance with HACCP Plans and traceability records.
- Investigate changes in products during their shelf life. Ensure that product sampling is in line with quality plans. Approve products during packaging according to quality criteria, report results that are off limits according to line control plans and quality control plans.
- Perform quality control checks in all production steps, as required by the quality plans.
- Ensure that all non-conforming products are under control according to Control of Non-Conformance Procedure.
- Take part in the investigation of returns. Report the results of the investigation to management as appropriate.
- Ensure that all lab equipment is used according to their technical specifications and that they are kept clean and in working order at all times. Ensure the use of calibrated lab equipment only.
- Document and report the results of investigation of problems and complaints to management as appropriate.
- Conduct supplier audits (new and existing supplier, existing supplier-new product) with Purchasing Department.
- Responsible of input controls (raw material, packaging, cleaning materials and auxiliary substances) Work with suppliers to enhance input quality.
- Assist the Product Recall Team with product recalls in compliance with the company’s recall procedure.
- Conduct GMP audits and monitor corrective actions, report results to management. Participate in HACCP verification audits.
- Monitor pest control for the plant; report results to management.
- Monitor rework activities; ensure that the work is carried out in compliance with rework documents.
- Supervise official analyses. (Analyses carried out in government agencies.)
- Supervise the audits carried out by government agencies.
- Supervise or perform quality control tests in the lab for finished products in line with quality plans.
- Keep good laboratory practices (GLP) and analysis methods up to date.
- Monitor sanitation inspections of all food production areas, equipment and staff.
- Implement necessary internal quality control and food safety systems to support company growth.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes affecting food safety and develop and recommend appropriate program changes to ensure governmental compliance.
- Provide reports to plant management on quality control issues as required; perform special projects and communicate results as appropriate.
- Maintain a team environment among department and supervisory staff. Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Irrespective of other responsibilities, he/she is the Food Safety Team Leader and HACCP Team Leader.
- University degree – BSc, food technologist or PMF in biology / chemistry;
- Knowledge of international standards for quality management and food safety;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of supervision of laboratory work / performing microbiological analyzes, quality control, with the advantage of microbiologist in the food industry;
- Managerial experience of at least 2 year in the field of production work will be an advantage;
- Motivation to work in a dynamic ragged environment and work in a team;
- Ability to work in short time and work under pressure;
- Certificates for Quality control systems, HACCP, ISO
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point);
- Team management experience;
- Highly developed communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at different levels and deal with complex situations
- Ability to work in a team, form and lead a team
- Ability to work under pressure and in a short time
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability and desire for further professional development of their knowledge and experience
Candidates who meet the above requirements can send their professional CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is no later than: 10/12/2020
All received CVs will be treated with maximum confidentiality.